Monday, January 26, 2009

QUILTED NASCAR

My sister-in law out in San Diego loves NASCAR. When I saw this fabric, I knew I had to make her a quilt with it. Because the NASCAR fabric is so busy, I broke it up with turquoise sashing . After quilting in the ditch and crisscrossing the blocks, I named it "NASCAR Crossroads. " I mailed it today and can't wait to hear her reaction!
As you can see from the label, I put the title at the top. I then drew and colored a race car. It also has to and from whom, along with the date finished. Check on my earlier blog as to how to make this label: http://quiltingcafesbrew.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-personalize-quilt-label.html

Because I had extra NASCAR fabric that is licensed and cannot be sold in my etsy shop, I also made her the following cosmetic case. It is my first case and was so easy. It was fun, especially adding the colored beads as a zipper pull.


A quilter always has scraps, so I made a crazy quilt postcard. The bright colors really shine in this one. As always you can visit me in my shop at quiltingcafe.etsy.com


Quilting Cafe, where something is always brewing

No comments: