Thursday, January 8, 2009

THINGS THAT GO QUILT

I added a new quilt to my etsy shop, quiltingcafe.etsy.com. today. I fell in love with these pictures of "Things That Go" from Michael Miller fabric designs; reminds me of my childhood, as well as my own children. I know my son George, would particularly like the trains.
The colors all have a vintage tinge to them and evoke a warm feeling. Children will recognize each of the pictures and have fun identifying them. Think of the games you could play while lying in bed together. I Spy would be a great one. Or make up a story about each picture.
Here are the closeups of each quilted block.
The Fire Engine The WagonThe Delivery Truck
The Coupe Sedan

The Propellered AirPlane

The Passenger Train

The Freight TrainThe Cabin Cruiser The School Bus
The Tricycle
Quilting Cafe, where something is always brewing

No comments: