Monday, January 19, 2009

CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES..Three new quilts



Several months ago, I started collecting these brown and pink fabrics.I scoured quilt shops, Internet sites, and my stash. When I saw this pattern I knew it work very well with these fabrics.
I have never made a quilt with curves before. The instructions were clear and precise and I made use I pinned and pinned and pinned. By matching centers and ends, then continuing inwards, the blocks turned out perfect each time. I made sure the gathered section was next to the feed dogs. The fabric moved quite well through the needle. I removed each pin as I sewed.
I actually found the border fabric after the blocks were finished. They were the exact brown I needed. The large flowered print certainly compliments the geometric circles. When I finished the quilt, I thought they looked like chocolate cover cherries, or cherry cordials. They are named Cherry Cordial I, II, III.
I had some smaller squares from another project so, I decide to make a matching baby/doll quilt adding fabrics from the first quilt.


The first quilt had so many left over convex and concave pieces, I decided to use them to make a smaller quilt that work great as a wall hanging.
The set of all three can be purchased on my site at quiltingcafe.etsy.com


Quilting Cafe, where something is always brewing

2 comments:

hollyzhobby said...

Great Name, I love chocolate covered cherries.

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilts - I love the color combination.