Sunday, December 14, 2008

My cousin, Diane, asked me to make her mom a large bib. This is what I came up with. It has vining brown pumpkins on cream cotton on one side. I chose these fabrics because my aunt was always in her vegetable garden, and liked planting her flowers.

The reverse is dark brown with green vines, sweet little yellow daisies and pink baby's breath. The bib is 24 inches long and 15" across. The diameter of the neck is approximately 20".

Since there is a nice layer of cotton batting between the two layers of cotton, I quilted the entire bib using the vining pumpkins as my guide. If you need a larger size, let me know. I can also widen the bottom part that goes on the lap as well as adding ties at the waist. If you want a pocket at the bottom to catch everything, that can be added also.
The bib closes with a single snap which makes it difficult to pull off.

These bibs will be on a made to order basis, with customers picking out the color and other specifications. Contact me at my shop, quiltingcafe.etsy.com

Quilting Cafe, where something is always brewing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is great! You always create such wonderful items.

I gave you an award today - http://ragamuffinquilts.blogspot.com/2008/12/ze-imporant-french-award.html