Friday, August 21, 2009

JANE AUSTEN REVISITED

Isn't it just fabulous that we still can relate to Jane Austen today? Take look at my newest cards in my shop: quiltingcafe.etsy.com. Her words are still so true.

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them."

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of."

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other."

Jane Austen knew how to say it. Don't you know someone who would enjoy these gems. Mail them or keep it for yourself and frame them.
Three 4" X "6 Quilted Postcards. Raw-edge quotation is also cotton. Actual cotton batting used. I first made the mini-quilt and then attached it onto timtex stiffening and the cardstock. This process makes the card puffy and soft like an actual quilt. These mini-quilts are quilted with shiny variegated thread. Postcard is finished with fabric binding or overcasted yellow and orange thread.
Can be sent through the mail for 28 cents and arrives in perfect shape. Card Stock back for easy writing. If you have any questions, please contact me either through my shop or quilt.cafe@yahoo.com


Quilting Cafe, where something is always brewing

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love your postcards!