Friday, November 7, 2008

New Stylings: Contemporary Christmas Tree Postcards

These trees can be made in any color and pattern you desire. Let me know your requirements at quilt.cafe@yahoo.com.



These cards have been so much fun to design. I love experimenting with different fabrics together; pushing the envelope, so to speak. Instead of using a fabric binding, I used my overcast foot with gold thread over gold braid. It really gives it a nice clean, sparkly finish.

These cards are larger at 5 1/2" X 8 1/2"than the regular 4" X 6" postcards. How did I come up with that size. It is half a sheet of cardstock. so when I print the back, I get exactly 2 postcards with no waste. This is a great size for a picture frame. Also, you can write more on the back. These took more time because I buttonhole stitched around each piece of the tree. You can see the layers of the tree really pop!

Come and see the detail of these great cards in my shop:

quiltingcafe.etsy.com

No comments: